Diptych

Saturday, May 06, 2006

This modern world

Skippy alerts us to an oasis of deeply centered wisdom. Money quote:

"I miss those tomatoes and that pie."

I'm not snarking when I say that I identify with that. Really. I'm not kidding.



In other news...

George Bush spoke at commencement exercises at Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK) today.

"My advice: Harness the promise of technology without becoming slaves to technology. My advice is that science serves the cause of humanity and not the other way around," the president said.

After the speech, some graduates said they couldn't make out clearly what Bush said because of an echo in the audio system at Boone Pickens Stadium.

I very much want to write an exegesis on this, but it makes me laugh too much.

I beg your forgiveness.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger